This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 2 September 2014

21st Birthday Collage - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone

I had told you about a BIG project that I was doing last week and I can finally share it with you.  The Birthday part was on Saturday evening and I am pretty confident that Lawrence really liked the canvas.

This is by far the biggest project I have ever done and it really was a BIG task..... This canvas is 1m x 1.5m to give you an idea.... ;-)


Lawrence wanted a Bohemian style canvas, with reds and oranges. So immediately I knew that I would use Autumn Song by BoBunny.  I was a little worried that I would not have enough left of this collection, but in the end was really just enough papers etc. I also used some chipboard gates from Design Worx and a few other bits and bobs.


I don't want to bore you with too many close-ups, but these few should give you an idea of the background work - gesso, paints, stamping etc.



I embossed these gold gates and the name and the 21.  I must have used about 3/4 bottle of embossing powder just on these pieces.  They may not look so big here, but they were rather large! ;-)


I did a lot of fussy cutting too....but it was worth it! ;-)

This canvas spans photo's across the 21 years from baby to man!!

So yes, as you can imagine, quite time consuming and a lot of efforts and materials, but really pleased with the result...and even happier that Lawrence loved it too! ;-)

Whether I will do another big project like this again, in the near future...probably not....LOL!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope you have a super Tuesday!
Denise x

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness WOW!! Well what a labour of love this is - or a great commission!! In which case I hope you were well paid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful canvas, Denise! The background looks absolutely amazing. And I really like how you used all of the black and white photos here. Everything looks just gorgeous. Such an amazing gift to give - the kind from your heart. It was obviously made with TLC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee whizz! I don't think I'd be doing another one in a hurry, either...this is an ENORMOUS amount of work....worthwhile, of course!!! LOOOOVE the gold gates....they make a fab central focus:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a labour of love and splendid gift. The colours you used look wonderful with the the gold Chippies and your concept of a pictorial gift is inspiring. I'm not sure that I would have the patience, but I do admire your dedication :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! Love the colour palette too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! that is a project and a half D. It is a real labour of love and I am sure that he loved it. So much work gone into it.... beautiful stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome canvas Denise! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeepers , no wonder you said you were busy crafting in the background,What a huge challenge and commitment and it really is beautiful . Hope that Lawrence will treasure it

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is fabulous, a great momento too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Denise...this is really a colourful work of art and an amazing gift from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning keepsake with such beaitiful colouring and precious photos and memories.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete