This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 20 July 2014

MG - Prima PPP July

Hello Everyone

I hope that you are having a great Sunday and that it has been a relaxing and good weekend!

I gave a class yesterday morning, after not having done one for ages and I really enjoyed it, even though I was really tired afterwards! We had some good fun and the ladies pages turned out stunningly!

Anyways, I have a page for the Prima PPP July and it's definitely 4th July colours....;-)

Primapicksjuly

So here's my take on it.


My Dad has this MG and it has been a part of our lives since I was 13.  I helped push it into the yard, when we first got it...I have passed spanners...I have helped with each and every engine overhaul and so yes, I guess I have a little part in it too! ;-)

My Dad and brother fixed it up, from not running, to running and looking perfect! It took a good few years and was definitely a labour of love! Just recently my Dad did the engine overhaul for the second time and so it is in great running order again.

So when my brother was out in May from the UK, we took the MG and my sisters Morris Minor for a Sunday drive, had some breakfast in Parkhurst and then made our way back home again! It was a really perfect day and we had great time together, as a family!


My journalling tells the little story.


I used the School Memories collection, it was so perfect! I also used lots of different Prima stamps for the stamping and coloured the Prima Nieve flowers blue....


I actually mixed two red sprays that I had, one was a Smooch spray that had got clogged and the other, not sure what the name was, since I threw the bottle away ages ago.  So I used this red paint mixture for my paint drops and it remained wet for quite a while but has now dried, as a wet looking drop!!!! It is absolutely fabulous....I think it would make for a super scrapping product!!!!


I used this lovely Enmarc Craft chipboard corner, which I heat embossed and then went over with a white gel pen.

I am really happy with how this page turned out and was definitely a photo I wanted to scrap of my brother and Dad in the MG! ;-)

Thanks so much for popping in...
I so appreciate your visits.
Have a super evening!
Denise x

10 comments:

  1. An awesome take on the CASE and its so special knowing the lovely story behind the vintage wheels.
    {I would love you to take part in my 900 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page Denise! Gorgeous embellishments and love you take on Prima PPP.. your page rocks!

    I know how great it feels to be with family! Sure you all must have had a fabulous time together! I had my sisters here for the weekend and they just left :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has splendid colours all over it! Love the your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning page Denise - the papers are a perfect foil for that vintage car. How lovely that you got to work on it with your Dad; that he didn't shoo you away because you were a girl!!! Love the navy chippy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise it's a great LO! love the colours (I think the car and the palette match perfectly))))) and all the beautiful details! but MG - oh, what a great car! hope, someday I will drive a car like this )))

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWser I love this layout and I seriously love that car... The palette is just perfect here and so is the layout you created. What a fabulous background. Your style has changed completely over the last few weeks/months and I am loving the new ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection! Rocked this one - that red spray[s!!!] looks fab & the whole page really looks great.....I reckon this one deserves recognition big time:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, such an incredible piece of Art....this is pieced together brilliantly Denise....Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...this is a delight to the eye. I love the design and the flow of your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The diagonal design is my favourite composition and I also loved playing with these colours even though they aren't my go tos at all.

    ReplyDelete