This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 15 December 2013

A Snowy Day in Africa - Scrap Africa Challenge no. 24

Hello Everyone

We have a new challenge up at Scrap Africa and even though it is a really busy time of the year, it would be great if you could play along.

The challenge is glitter, snowflakes and masking.

Here is my page.


I used the super Woodland Winter collection from BoBunny and it was perfect for this snowy page.


I had cut the snowflakes with a diecut through the Cuttlebug, and then used the remaining form as a template for my masking! It worked really well! ;-)


My journalling says this: It is such a rare occurance that it snows in Johannesburg. So when it does, it is an amazing sight and definitely awesome! To see the gardens all white and fluffy was magic! 07 Aug 2012.


The glitter is a little hard to see, but is definitely there! ;-) On the edges of the little brown flowers, there is gold glitter for some bling!

Well I hope you will pop over and hand a look at the amazing inspiration, and hopefully play along!

Have a super day!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. It was so cool that you got snow in Johannesburg! I love that you got a photo of it, too. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous. I love your take on this fabulous challenge. I hope I get some time to participate!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous lo! Love how you've detailed the snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, who would have thought of snow in your part of the country?!! But you have the photo to prove it and beautifully scrapped too. Very best wishes for a happy Christmas with the ones you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a stunning striking page, loving all the elements and that pic is pure magic x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I missed that one too didn't I ... I was overseas looking for snow. How pretty is your photo. Love the colours of the papers that you chose just compliments it all beautifully. Gorgeous layout D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love how you worked those colors!!! Super fun and super pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo is beautiful. The snow does look fluffy. Lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh snow - well I never!!! Awesome page Denise!!!

    ReplyDelete