This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 1 November 2013

Sunset - Scrap Africa Sketch no.23

Hello Everyone

Welcome to November! Hasn't it just come around so fast!!

There is a new sketch challenge up at Scrap Africa here. It is a sketch from PageMaps and is a real goodie!


So here is my take on it.


I really love this collection by Pink Paislee - Nantucket and so knew it would be perfect for this page.


I did some acrylic texture paste stencilling along the top and bottom edge of my papers, and then also added some Glamour Dust for DecoArt.



The acrylic texture paste and Galmour Dust was a little bit difficult to photograph, as it either shined up too much, or one could hardly see it! So apologies, but it looks pretty good on paper!!!! ;-)

These photo's are again from our recent beach vacation and was taken just before sunset.  The colouring at this time of evening was just spectacular! I just so love the beach and Joe does too! ;-)

Well I hope that you can play along, you have until November 14.

Wishing you a super weekend!
Denise x

11 comments:

  1. Adorable page and wonderful pic
    I love this collection
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this wonderful sketch! Looks like your family had fun on vacation. Do you have a lot more beach trips in your near future, now that it's almost summer in your half of the world? Here, we could have our first snowfall any day now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love those sugar dots randomly sprinkled in different colours - that makes me very happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are delicious....gorgeous layout and I love how the texture on your background shimmers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous LO!
    I like it's softness and powdery palette)
    And you used the drops absolutely wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes...little boys and the beach make a fantastic double and your page reflects the delight in your Son's play...love that stencil, it makes me think of waves and sparkling water....beautiful work...I hope I can find time to play this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! What a beautiful sketch Scrap Africa has! I hope that I can find time to participate! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous, my friend! I love your take on the sketch and the beachy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the look of that sketch ...must make time to join in the challenge. Great photography - love the blue hues of the sea and on your sons clothes. And those random dots are so effective. Super duper layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has such a beautiful feel about it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colourings you've used here!! :D

    ReplyDelete