This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 12 October 2013

A Boys Story is the best that is Told - SATW October Challenge

Hello Everyone

Sorry that my blog has been extremely slow this week, but life has just been hectic and I have not been able to post too much, until this afternoon.  I scrapped this morning and really enjoyed the creativity and inspiration that was flowing.

So the page I have to share is for the Scrap Around the World challenge here.



I really loved the bright yellow from the mood board, as well as the chevrons. So along with inspiration from the sketch, I put this page together.


These photo's were taken on our vacation to Salt Rock recently, and so I really wanted to use them. Joe and I had the most wonderful time and it really was just so good for the soul! We really did relax, have fun and enjoy every moment! It is certainly a vacation that I will not forget! ;-)


I used Kate & Co. Oxford Lane Collection from MME and Petaloo flowers.


I used paints, gesso and stamps for my background and I was really pleased with how it turned out.



Apologies for a little bit of a glare off the washi tape in the top right hand corner, but no matter what I tried, I just could not correct it.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you are having a super Saturday!
Be back soon!
Denise x


17 comments:

  1. Ooooh this is FUN!! Love the free gesso & paint work & how you've shabbied up the flowers~! You should have told me you were holidaying in Salt Rock & I would have driven up the N2 to visit you!! I first met Genia there a few years ago at the Salt Rock hotel...Thanks for playing with us again at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, another fun and amazing layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you had a lovely time away!!! I love your page, what a fun colour combo. So bold and free! Great job TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic layout Denise!! Thanks for playing with us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold brights for this challenge Denise. The red pop of the TSDhirt provides a great contrast and glad you had a lovely holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your color choices and the way you have added both patterned paper flowers and 3D flowers in the mix! Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks like such a content little boy Denise. You are very lucky. Love your take on the challenge. Love the flower cluster and the gorgeous colours... Great layout :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page my Dear
    I love the colors you used
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! The paint, mask, papers, and flowers look amazing here! Love the design.....everything looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all the details on your layout, especially the colors!! Beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds you had a really fab time! love love love the bright colours, particularly the yellow Lots of beautiful arty touches to admire. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layout is lovely. You have been blessed with a gorgeous handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh...that background is amazing! Love the paper tearing effect....an oldie but a goodie...*winks*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layout is lovely! love all detais in your page! thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like a lovely holiday! thanks for joining in at SATW. Such a lovely page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! love that paint work! it combines perfectly with the bright red t-shirt on the photos! very striking combination!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice layout and I love your handwriting. Thanks for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete