This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Time Flies - OUAS July Challenge

Hello Everyone

I have had such a busy day, that it is actually so nice to just sit behind my PC and just have a few mins to post this page today and just relax a little.

My page is for the OUAS challenge.

Journalling Theme: "Grow"



So I went and found 2 photo's of Joe, 4 years apart. It was amazing to see the difference and this is what I wanted to scrap.

So here's my page.


My journalling in the little envelope says this: My Sweet Boy, you are growing up so quickly! Just the other day you were a baby boy and now you are already turning 6. I love you more each day and love watching you grow! You will always be my Sweet Boy!


I used My Little Yellow Bicycle Saturdays Collection, and love that the diecut piece was stitched. I then did some gesso stencilling on the background and added all the bits. The flowers are also from the Saturdays Collection, with a few Petaloo flowers thrown in between. The chipboards rounds are Enmarc Crafts and the corners Celebr8. The leaves are Petaloo as well, and are coloured with Enmarc Dazzles.


I cannot believe how the time has flown and my baby boy is no longer a baby! In a way I am sad, but in another, so love the relationship that we share now. He is certainly growing tall and I hope that we will always be close.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Denise x

14 comments:

  1. Oh...how sweet! They definitely grow fast don't they. Great layout, I love the pops of red mixed in with all the layers of blue. Enjoy the rest of your day :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome boy LO Denise, love the before and after photos and all your beautiful layers!! Adore the flowers!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous boy's paage, brimming with colour and vitality....great idea to use the comparison photos and I love the little envelope closed with a heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable and loving the fun elements you build around the precious photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and beautiful! I love this colour combo! Your boy is adorable. And when they start talking, the memories become even more precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember having those same thoughts when my kids were growing up Denise. I'm very blessed to still have a great relationship with both of them today. Your layout is absolutely beautiful and the pics are so adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Charming page and love the two paired photos! The details are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise, your relationship with your son will just grow stronger over the years. One day you will have a wonderful relationship with your adult child. I speak from experience. Your layout is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy creating some gorgeous goodies! (Sorry for going awol for a while ;) Perfect entry for the OUAS challenge this month! Always love your flower work x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to approach the OUAS challenge! I simply love the GROW concept & Nadia's sketch is as usual so beautiful - wish I had time to play this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise those 2 photos are just way too cute next to each other! love the colors on this page! great take on this month challenge at OUAS! thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My gosh, he really has grown into a proper boy in these 4 years! Such a great take on the challenge Denise! this is a really neat boy page, full of gorgeous floral work och strong colours. Thanks a bunch for sharing it with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too too cute! Love the comparison! What a fun take on the challenge. So glad you joined us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing layout, so eye-catching and bright, and such gorgeous photographs of your little man!!!

    ReplyDelete