This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 17 March 2012

Prima Challenge

Hi Everyone

I am so looking forward to sharing this post with you today! I have a little bit of a step by step post to show you how I created the background for this layout.

Prima's challenge was this colour palette below.


So I started off with a white card stock background and then used the Prima wall mask and some white pearlescent craft paint to create my wall. I painted it quite thickly, so that there was a raised edge and then let it dry overnight.


Then I spritzed my wall and the background with some Dazzles spray ink - waterlilly blush. I think this makes for such a great background for the rest of the layout.


Anyways, then I added my photo and a few bits and bobs, and here is the end result, with quite a few close-ups.


I used Prima Flowers and also resist canvas pieces, with Prima Sweet Fairy Collection - Pink Parfait and Fairy Notes papers and stickers. The lettering is Basic Grey and the peeking doily is also Prima.

This is quite a special page for me as my Mom turned 75 and this was taken at her birthday tea. I love that she was wearing purple as this absolutely went with my colouring! Thanks Mom!

Here are those close-ups.






This is quite a special page for me as my Mom turned 75 and this was taken at her birthday tea. I love that she was wearing purple as this absolutely went with my colouring! Thanks Mom!

I hope you are relaxing and enjoying the weekend.
Thanks for visiting today.
Denise x





2 comments:

  1. Fab layout love the brick stencil!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful wall technique..gorgeous layout too :)x

    ReplyDelete