This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 9 March 2012

Me, Myself and I - Once Upon a Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone

I hope that you have had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend! I certainly am and hope there is a little bit of rest and relaxation on the schedule! (I can always dream!)

I did a layout for the Once Upon a Sketch Challenge and loved the idea of doing a page about myself as I do not often do this. The journalling was easy but the actual page I struggled with. I had such a brilliant idea in my mind and somehow just wasn't able to translate it onto the page. It is okay I think, but had a different idea in my head.

The photo is matted book style and I did sort of want to tell a story, after actually opening the cover.

So here is the sketch.



And here is my layout.


Once opening the book, here is the inside.


Here is a close-up of the journalling.


And lastly one or 2 more close-ups.



I hope you have a great Friday and weekend.
Thanks for stopping by.
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. Really pretty page! Love how you did your journaling, the little hinges and all! Love the pink too! Beautiful job, and thank you so much for joining our challenge at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how nice! I like the way you did your journaling! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful LO about a very beautiful person! I love the way you added journaling and used the real hinges for it :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are so creative!! I love that it looks like a book!!!Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY, Denise, what a beautiful and meaningful layout!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us! Much appreciated!
    Hugs ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!!! Very pretty! I love how you did the book on the page and the journaling! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout......Thanks so much for playing along with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete